Fri May 22
With the arrival of this global pandemic and lockdown, people who were planning to get mingle this year are in a state of disappointment. If you thought that 2020 would be the year of your love story to start then, we can understand how difficult it must be for you to deal with the lockdown. There are people out there who still believe in dating the old way and joining tinder is now exactly what they would prefer but with this uncertainty and social distancing, joining an online dating app is all you need.
So, if you are someone who still believes in the old school ways of dating and finding the love of your life but this year proved to be a spoiler alert for all your love life plans then, we have a piece of great news for you. Yes, for old school lovers like you, we have curated a guide to online dating apps. So, you wouldn’t have to worry if joining an online dating app is your only option to find true love as we have curated a perfect guide for you to decide whether online dating is for you or not. Make sure to read our complete guide, Do’s and Don’ts, and tips & tricks below and find your love online.
Is online dating for you?
- If you have a large group of friends and colleagues that you like then, maybe you should skip finding your partner online and go for a much reliable source to find your love.
- If you cannot deal with rejections or opinions of others then, dating online could be hard for you.
- If you have a hard time expressing yourself and generally require face-to-face interaction with a person then, relying on an online dating app could be troublesome for you.
- If you are someone too busy throughout the day and only have scarce amounts of free time then, online dating would be hard for you to handle.
- Well, lastly if you are someone cringes with the idea of dating someone you met online and finding it hard to tell about it to your friends or family then, online dating might not work for you.
Things you need to know before joining an online dating app
- Well, the first amazing thing about dating online is that you get to choose from thousands of apps, and choosing the right one is all you need.
- You can find your soulmate or you can have an encounter with creeps too. it all depends on how you judge a person based on their bio.
- It will take time to find your perfect match as love is not found as easily as online dating apps pretends.
- As we said earlier, online dating isn’t for you if you don’t have much free time. It requires you to invest your time to find that perfect one and engage in chats.
- Always be true to yourself and your match as it can be a great way to start a healthy relationship. Also, if you are not interested in someone then, it is better to say no rather than ghosting and hurting the feelings of the other individual.
Online dating pros and cons
- The first and most important advantage of dating online is that you can find your soulmate without having to even step out of your house.
- You would get to choose from thousands of profiles and having options is a great thing
- If you have a hard time interacting with people face to face then, online dating provides you with a chance to get comfortable with them first by chatting online
- There are a lot of weirdos and people out there who you wouldn’t want to respond to.
- People can be different from they seem and what they are, you have to choose wisely
- It can cost you to find the love of your life online.
Some tips and tricks for the first time online daters
- Your bio is the most important part of your profile and you should do justice to it. Be informative about yourself in a few words and don’t lie about anything.
- Your profile picture is another major factor for online dating so, make sure to put one of the best pictures on your profile.
- Don’t be a creep and text them all day thought any medium.
- DO NOT mention your ex in the middle of your conversation unless they ask. It can be a real turn-off for some.
- Ask all the relevant questions and try not to be too judgemental of their answers.